codecs...

Well today I had some time and figured I would try to do my animation justice by getting the best possible codec combination.

In the end, I have included an almost 2GB file as the HD copy of the film on the disk. It was encoded using microsoft AVI with no compression. It is great quality... but obviously unusable except as a data file on the DVD disk.

To upload onto Vimeo, I want to take advantage of their HD option which means I need to upload a video at a minimum of 1280x720. I chose to encode this in mpeg-2 and "main concept MPEG video" and scaled the output size up. This file came out at under 200mb which is quite acceptable for uploading to vimeo.

The final version which I have in my flash portfolio is a quick time video using h.264. I had some troubles exporting using h.264 earlier where it would clip scenes by 1 or 2 frames which made some scenes look a little strange especially where vidoes had been cut. There were quite a number of scenes where the interlacing looked really poor so I went through my entire video and under field option changed it to "remove flicker" which removed the worst of the interlacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers